Monday, January 9, 2012

Chapter #5

This chapter focused on 2 main subjects: Standards and "The Head, Heart, and the Hands". I found the latter of the two the most interesting. The real name's are cognitive domain, psychomotor domain, and affective domain. These are a very interesting and intertwined group. All three are necessary in order for learning to occur in the classroom, but in my mind one is the most important. It so happens that this is the hardest one of the three to attain (in my opinion). This is the affective domain also known as the "heart". In my opinion if the students don't have their heart in the material, the information is either a) going to be learned and quickly forgotten or b) not going to be learned at all. So as educators we must find the relevancy of the material and make it come alive for the students. If their heart is not in the material or if they don't care about it the minimal amount of leaning is going to occur. This will be my #1 priority when I get my class. 

1 comment:

  1. I liked what you had to say about the heart. If a student is not interested in the material that is being taught, they are not going to be willing to learn, at least not as much as they would be if they were intrigued by the material. I know that as a future teacher one of my goals will be to teach in a way that will grab the attention the my students.

    ReplyDelete