Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chapter #6

This chapter was all about preparing a unit plan and creating a curriculum. The most important information that I pulled from this chapter was that as a teacher I must constantly be changing methods, plans, and ways I go about teaching. Always incorporating new technology or ideas is very important. After completion of a lesson it is my job to reflect and figure out what went well, what went poorly, and if the students were comprehending the material. After the reflection phase, I must make the changes necessary for the next set of students to learn better. If I continue to follow this model, students will benefit greatly.

1 comment:

  1. That's very true, Jake! I am a reflective person naturally, but when I got to novice teaching, I guess I never realized that I may be teaching the same lesson 2-4 periods per day! That makes for a lot of quick reflecting and changes, too! Not only do we reflect over the whole lesson and day/week, but hour by hour we have to adjust to chatty classrooms, bored classrooms, fidgety classes, or just early morning/late afternoon class! It's crazy the changes we need to make in the 6 minutes between periods!

    ReplyDelete